Pursuant to Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Florida law, 杰克逊维尔大学 (JU) will reasonably accommodate 员工s who are qualified individuals with disabilities. 当一名教员或职员 member is unable to perform the essential functions of a position because of a disability, JU will evaluate requests for reasonable workplace 住宿s that allow the staff or faculty member to perform the essential functions of a position and enjoy equal 就业机会. Failure to reasonably accommodate 员工s with disabilities and pregnant 员工s is a violation of federal and/or state law as well as University 政策.
Furthermore, JU is dedicated to equal opportunity for its 员工s and applicants. Therefore, JU does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. 然而,居 is not required to provide an 住宿 that imposes an undue hardship that would interfere with an 员工’s ability to perform the essential functions of his/her 工作.
A reasonable 住宿 need not be the specific 住宿 requested by the 员工. If necessary, an 员工’s supervisor and 人事办公室 & 文化应该 explore alternative 住宿s if the proposed 住宿 is not reasonable. Generally, JU will engage in an individualized and interactive process with the 员工 to provide a reasonable 住宿. Through the interactive process, 住宿s are determined on a case-by-case basis.
How to Request a Reasonable Accommodation
As an 员工, you may initiate a request for any desired 住宿 by:
- 联系ing, in writing, 人事办公室 & 文化 to begin the process of 住宿 by identifying as a qualified individual with a disability and requesting an 住宿.
- Complete the JU Request for Accommodation Form (“Form”), describing 您的医疗状况, the nature of the 住宿 sought, and how the 住宿 will enable you to perform the essential functions of your position.
- Attach documentation from your physician related to 您的医疗状况. 这个信息 will remain confidential and should be current.
- Submit the Form to 人事办公室 & 文化和你的上司.
- Cooperate with JU’s good faith efforts to engage in an interactive process to accommodate 您的医疗状况.
Supervisors and department chairs are asked to discuss the basis of the 员工’s request in an individualized and interactive process with the 员工 and Office 的人 & 文化. JU will respond promptly and effectively to 住宿 requests. JU may request additional medical documentation if necessary, to identify a reasonable 住宿.
In determining whether to satisfy the request for 住宿, 人事办公室 & 文化, in conjunction with the individual’s supervisor or department chair, will make an individualized assessment to:
- Identify the essential functions or core work-related duties of the individual’s position;
- Consider the work-related duties of current or prior faculty and staff in that same 工作或职位;
- Assess the impact of the requested 住宿 on the performance of the essential functions of the individual’s position and the operation of the department;
- Consider the duration of the request;
- Assess alternative 住宿s;
- Review if there is a direct threat of harm to self and others; and
If the 住宿 is granted, the 员工 and the individual’s supervisor/department chair will receive a written 住宿 agreement from 人事办公室 & 文化 that outlines the 住宿.
If an 员工 disagrees with the determination, the 员工 may consult with Office 的人 & 文化 or appeal through the normal grievance process.